Access Control Software - Overview
All modern organizations need to protect their physical and IP assets along with ensuring the safety of their employees by controlling movement of people with pre-defined rules. Matrix COSEC provides comprehensive and flexible Access Control software solution that has been specifically designed to meet the access control needs of any organization, irrespective of its size, layout, locations and timings. Matrix COSEC Access Control solution allows organization to control access on three dimensions simultaneously – user, zone and time, by answering the three fundamental questions - who, where and when. In addition, the access control incorporates a range of value-added features like Anti-Pass Back, 2-Person Rule, First-in User, Blocked Users, Door Auto Re-lock, Guard Tour, Man-Trap and Smart Card based Identification ensure foolproof security of physical assets and safety of manpower.
Access Using Multiple Credentials
- Biometric: Palm Vein, Fingerprint
- RFID Cards: Smart and Proximity, PIN
Access Control on: User, Zone and Time
- Restrict Entry of Employees’ in other Departments
- Give Access for a Defined Time Period
- Allow Access when Two Users use their Access Rights Simultaneously
- For Sensitive Zones like Bank Safes, Lab, Server Room, etc.
- Guard to Cover Defined Checkpoints in Specific Time
- Generate Alarm or Notification on Exception
- Deactivate the User and Withdraw Rights Temporarily
- Block User on Absenteeism, Exceeding Attempt Limit, etc.
Door Auto Relock
- Door Relay is Activated for Pre-defined Time to Allow User to Enter
- Door Relay Deactivates after Pre-defined and Locks the Door
- Ensure that User Shows Card on Exit before next Entry
- Global and Local Anti-pass back
Smart Card based Identification
- User’s Fingerprints are Stored on Smart Card
- Unlimited Users can Access Device with this Feature
- Integrate Access Control with Video Surveillance
- Capture User Photograph when a person tries to Access the Door
Notifications on Exception
- Access Rule Violation
- Door Held Open
- Door Forced Open
- Reports in Various File Formats: PDF, Excel, Word, CSV, TXT, RTF
- Helps in Fast Interpretation and Decision Making
Automatic Fingerprint/Palm Distribution
- Eliminate Separate Enrolment at each Door
- Useful for Multi-located Organizations
First-in User Rule
- Ensures Entry of Designated Person first in certain Work Areas
- Access Control Software Solution for Higher Level of Security
- Two or more Doors are Arranged in a Sequence
- Allow Opening one Door at a Time
- Control Number of Users within a Designated Zone
- Useful for Seminar Halls, Conference Rooms and Cafeterias
Route based Access
- Access based on a Defined Sequence Written on the Smart Card
- Useful for Large Areas Like Ports, Mines, Pharmaceutical Labs, etc.
- User to Punch on the Door Controller at a Pre-defined Time
- Alarm Activated if User Fails to Punch
Do Not Disturb (DND) Zone
- Users are Restricted to Enter DND Zone
- VIP User can Override DND Rule
- Give Details of Users Inside a Specific Area
- Generates a List of Users Inside any Specified Zone at a given Time
Integration with Other Hardware
- With EM Lock, Tripod and Turnstile
- With Video Surveillance
- With Fire Alarm
Centralized Monitoring and Control
- Live Status of all Devices
- Real-time Data Transfer to Server
Access Control for Large Enterprises
Large organizations always look for foolproof access control solution to protect their valuable human and physical assets. Matrix network based Access Control solution is designed to facilitate such demanding requirements. Organizations can monitor and control all door controllers and user movements located across the globe from a central place, in real-time. SMS and Email notifications on any access policy violation and advanced access control feature helps in taking proactive action before any incident occurs.
The image below depicts COSEC Access Control application installed in an organization having operations at multiple locations. All COSEC devices are connected to the central server to send real-time data at a central place. COSEC CENTRA controls and monitors the entire application from the central place.
Access Control for Small and Medium Businesses
For small and medium business organizations, Matrix has designed a standalone Access Control solution while keeping security and simplicity in mind. This innovative access control software works on industry standard IP protocol allowing organizations to expand easily, even with a single door. These single door biometric and card based door controllers are connected to an intelligent standalone site controller on CAT5/CAT6 cabling. Organizations can make user and device configuration and access all advanced access control features directly from the UI of the site controller without installing any software.
The image below depicts COSEC Access Control deployment in a small organization having four different departments. Door Controllers installed at all four departments are connected with a site controller via LAN using PoE. Admin can monitor devices, define policies and generate reports directly from the site controller’s GUI without installing any kind of application software.